[Sca-cooks] Baby eggplants

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Thu Aug 30 08:12:21 PDT 2001

I was at my favorite Indian buffet for lunch yesterday, and they had
several of my favorite dishes.  It was an extremely satisfying lunch...
anyway, one of those dishes was eggplant masala.  Mind you, normally I
can't stand eggplant.  I find it dull and flavorless and icky.  But,
this is made with whole, little bitty baby eggplants that are so
delicate and mild and yummy.  They are about the size of a kiwi fruit,
quartered most of the way through but left attached to the stem.  mmm
mmm mmm.  So, my question is, does anybody know where to get these tiny
eggplants?  I assume they're not underripe fruits, but rather some
specific cultivar.

Thank you!
-Magdalena