[Sca-cooks] behold the power of cheese

chirhart_1 chirhart_1 at netzero.net
Fri Aug 31 01:56:28 PDT 2001

Having made most every cheese I could get the bacteria for I,v been heartened by the interest the list has been showing about it. Ihad started the cheese mongers guild several years ago and have hade fun and failure .The talk of brie lately reminded me of how hard it can be to make. I have afridge and several coolers set aside for cheeses.Really the two most hardest parts are wiping slim mold from the surface of the cheeses and the Waite! Havelyard  and I(we were known as the gouda guys) actually were thrown in to the frenzied one fall when  180 gallons of milk turned up on my back porch.Well we made every thing.Cheddars,gouda,Swiss,cream cheese in which we made into cheesecake to die for (know kidding).Hard cheese,soft cheese.We ended with our opus( A Swiss) that was creamy with small holes.Our baroness laid clame to it.It was never to be seen again.Well to make the story shorter we ended with about 85 to 90 pounds of cheese  Which we used at an event a year later MMMMMum........Chirhart     PS my lady is allergic to penicillin Yiikes!