[Sca-cooks] Bulgogi (was A Correction for the list)

Fri Aug 31 10:57:21 PDT 2001

Bulgogi is thin sliced red meat marinaded for several hours in a mixture of
soy sauce, saki, sesame oil, sesame salt and red pepper flakes, then stir
fried in a really hot skillet or wok.  It's served with a sprinkle of
toasted sesame seeds.  I leave off the red pepper for Margaret and I
normally cook it in peanut oil or corn oil (depending on whether I'm serving
a friend who has a deadly allergy to peanuts).

I favor the beef version although the pork is quite good.  I am considering
trying it with lamb, just for something different.

Bear