[Sca-cooks] No Sh*t, there THEY were in MY kitche

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Wed Aug 1 12:09:55 PDT 2001

> > The fact that they insist on washing all food can be interesting. For
> > instance, hand a racoon a suger cube. :-)
>         Or, for the same reason, a Saltine cracker.  I've heard

My cousin used to have a raccoon as a pet.  We found that sugar cubes
and saltines didn't dissolve fast enough to matter, but the cotton candy
sure did!  He did figure us out after a while, though, and stopped
washing that particular treat.  They are smart critters.

>         Other fun was to frustrate pets with food: feed
> peanut butter to a dog (they make some hilarous faces after

Or put it on top of their nose.  They'll lick at it for hours.

> the stuff sticks to the roof of their mouth), or a slice of
> Velveeta cheese laid down flat on the kitchen linoleum for
> a cat (they'll spend hours trying to get it up!).

Ooh, never tried that one.  I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

-Magdalena