[Sca-cooks] To Cook a 'Coon

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Aug 2 11:55:56 PDT 2001

Mordonna the Cook commented:
> Keeping it penned and feeding it sweet corn for 4
> to 6 weeks does three things:
>  1. It fattens the animal.
>  2. It "sweetens" it, removing much of the gamey
> taste.
>  3. It ensures that the animal is disease free.
> But, it is necessary to begin with a young one.
> No amount of penning and feeding can tenderize
> the old tough ones.

Ah! So let this be a warning. If your Minister/Mistress
of Children at Pennsic proposes a meal plan for your kids
with lots of that Pennsic sweet corn, perhaps you should
keep your eyes open.

If it is your camp cook proposing this, then I guess
you don't have to worry - see number 3.

Stefan li Rous
(one of the old tough ones)