[Sca-cooks] OOP - Moroccan restaurant review by CHARLES PERRY

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Aug 3 05:31:44 PDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Susan Laing wrote:

> Found this review @ LATimes.online
>
> Mr Perry mentions "honey lamb (mrouzia--chunks of flavorful, slightly gamy
> lamb braised with honey, raisins and prunes" in this review as being from
> the Middle Ages.
>
> Anyone made it/have the recipe handy? (still awaiting delivery of my copy of
> Perry's book "Medieval Arab Cookery" so don't know if it's in there)
>
> :-)
>
> Mari

It sounds suspiciously like what I've always heard called tagine. I have
several recipes for it--if I can I will endeavor to type in one of them
over the weekend. Mind you, I've never tried a lamb tagine, since neither
of the men I usually feed (that would be Adventurous Boy and Conservative
Boy) have indicated interest when I've mentioned it. So the recipes are
untested by me.

Margaret FitzWilliam