[Sca-cooks] A Pennsic Shopping List?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 4 12:44:25 PDT 2001

Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord asked:
> I am leaving for Pennsic on the 9th & I want to go armed with a shopping
> list of cook books!  What I need are the basic beginner already redacted
> type cook books on period cookery.  So far on my list I have: The new &
> improved set of "Take A Thousand Eggs or More"  & the "Miscalanie".  Any
> suggestions?

Check these annotated bibliographies in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the
Florilegium:
cookbooks-bib     (40K)  6/ 9/01    Cookbook bib. by Mistress Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks3-bib    (20K) 10/14/98    Cookbook bibliography by Lady Allison.

Mistress Jaelle just recently updated her bibliography and that has been
the prime one I've recommended in the past.

For books about food, rather than cookbooks, read through this file:
books-food-msg    (91K)  3/26/01    Books about food. Not cookbooks.

Although not a list of books, but rather messages recommending certain
books, this file might also be of use since you mention looking for
books for a beginning cook:
cb-novices-msg    (13K) 10/14/98    Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to print Jaelle's off to bring with
me to Pennsic.
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net