[Sca-cooks] Re:Larousse

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Aug 5 10:48:32 PDT 2001

Johnnae llyn Lewis sends greetings.

And they are far more reliable on classic French
cuisine from Careme forward, don't you think?

Had some time so I tracked down the citation to
the new Larousse edition.

It's being released by Clarkson Potter.
"two hundred new recipes ( making 3,500 in all),
400 new reference entries and new color photos are among
the elements in the first new edition since 1988 of
Larousse Gastronomique (Sept. $75.) by Librarie Larousse."

I find their math somewhat strange as the last edition in
1988 was listed as 4,000 recipes. This one adds 200 and comes
up with 3,500.... something strange there mathwise.

Johnna Holloway