[Sca-cooks] Lutheran Binder

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Fri Aug 10 09:06:20 PDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:23:17 -0500 (CDT)
 "Pixel, Queen of Cats" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:
<snipped>

Tuna noodle casserole (with peas, and crushed potato chips on
top) is a staple of my childhood (although you have to add the
tuna last, and save some out first for Mom). Tater-tot hotdish is just
scary.

<snipped>
Hey, I was born and grew up in Iowa.  Lived here most of my life.
Tater-tot casserole is how I know it.  And it's a comfort food.  I
still make a pan or two a year.   I love Tuna noodle casserole,
except we always put chow mein noodles over the top.  Another
childhood staple which has become a comfort food as an adult.

Right now - with a two-year old daughter, the staple is plain
mac and cheese, with a hot dog on the side, and her veggie
not touching anything else on the plate.  I spice my servings
up with tuna, meatballs, etc.

Back to planning my appetizer booklet.  All appetizers are based
on medieval recipes.  Just cut/made to easy to eat bite-sized
bits for parties.  (aka finger foods)

Kateryn de Develyn