[Sca-cooks] Lutheran Binder

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Aug 10 09:31:38 PDT 2001

Debra Hense wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:23:17 -0500 (CDT)
>  "Pixel, Queen of Cats" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> Tuna noodle casserole (with peas, and crushed potato chips on
> top) is a staple of my childhood (although you have to add the
> tuna last, and save some out first for Mom). Tater-tot hotdish is just
> scary.

I am neverrrr forrrget the day...

When David Bouley, former Michelin five-star chef and restaurateur, now
a ridiculously wealthy bakery owner in New York, made tuna-noodle
casserole from everybody's mise-en-place for a staff meal. He started
with a creamy fish-stock-based allemande (bordering on sauce supreme,
actually), snagged fresh pappardelle from somebody's work station, wild
mushrooms from somebody else, tuna (probably day-old but otherwise
eminently viable), various other odds and ends, including a lot of
pommes gaufrette to crumble on top ('Ow you say? Cheeps for zee
tuna-noodle  en casserole!")

The man was a nut, but he always had a good time. I'm still convinced he
was the model for the Lumiere character in the Disney Belle et la Bete.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com