[Sca-cooks] various small notes

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Fri Aug 10 10:39:25 PDT 2001

> Then there are
> >the fried cheese curds...
> >
> >Margaret FitzWilliam

Okay, I'm terrifically curious about both fried cheese curds and Tater tot
hotdish. What on earth? I'm guessing frozen potatoes in a sauce?

I'm feeling deprived as I don't know *any* of these regional dishes - my
mother's signature dish is anything that can be served cold from a can. (I
learned to cook at seven out of self defense.)

> Right now - with a two-year old daughter, the staple is plain
> mac and cheese, with a hot dog on the side, and her veggie
> not touching anything else on the plate. .......Back to planning my
appetizer
> booklet.  All appetizers are based
> on medieval recipes.  Just cut/made to easy to eat bite-sized
> bits for parties.  (aka finger foods)
>
> Kateryn de Develyn

My son (at 16 months) seems to be the exception to a general rule. He'll eat
anything, absolutely anything, on one condition. It must be on someone
else's plate. My mother watched in horror as he picked up his father's pizza
crust, which had been liberally doused in Tabasco, and enthusiastically
gnawed on it. Salsa or pepperjack is no problem; peppered turkey from the
deli, he'll down; he even gamely took a few bites of the doro wat last month
when we went to the Ethiopian place.

And you are going to share more information on your new booklet, yes? I've
found that folks who won't even try something they can't immediately
identify will happily down twice what I've allotted per person if it's in
pre-meal nibbles form.

Lann