[Sca-cooks] Lutheran Binder

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 11:47:28 PDT 2001

--- Mem Morman <mem.morman at oracle.com> wrote:
> Anne du Bosc <mordonna22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Cream of mushroom soup.
> >You know all those Lutheran Church cook books,
> >and all the casserole recipes that call for cream
> >of mushroom soup.
>
> Casserole?  What's a casserole?  Is that one of
> those mede-evil terms?
> Lutherans make hotdish.
>
> elaina

Elaina,

Having been a Lutheran [Missouri synod] all my life
and so have my ancestors going back many generations.
I know what a casserole is.  It is a subset of hotdish

or covered dish.  It is what you tell a new convert to
bring to a potluck, when they don't understand the
terms hotdish or covered dish.

For those non-Lutherans, there is truth to this
saying:
Where two or three Lutherans have gathered together,
there will be a potluck happening between them.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.