[Sca-cooks] TaterTot Casserole

Sandragood at aol.com Sandragood at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 19:20:27 PDT 2001

In a message dated 8/12/01 11:43:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
s.mont at verizon.net writes:

> I always made it with ground meat, peas, carrots, garlic, mushrooms,
> covered it all with garlic mashed potatoes and baked.
>
> Æduin, who shudders at tater-tots being part of shepherd's pie

The shepherd's pie my mother taught me to make was layered.  Meat on the
bottom a layer of mixed veggies, a layer of mashed potatoes topped with
cheese.

My only alterations are adding worcestershire sauce and greek seasoning to
the meat and I substitute a can of green beans and a can of corn for the
layer of mixed veggies.  I'm an adult and I don't have to eat lima beans if I
don't want to.  ;-)

Liz, who also shudders at the thought of tater-tots in a shepherds pie.