Mostly OT Re: Mariners and Brats (was Re: [Sca-cooks] regional potluck)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Aug 14 13:13:56 PDT 2001

"Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy" wrote:

> > I think that Bratwurst from Buch von Guter Spiese served with mustard wuold be appropriate fare for a good baseball game.
>
> Yep. Welserin's zervelat might go well, too. Although, my childhood
> memories of baseball always make me associate Cincinnati with hot dogs ;
>  ).
>
> Adamantius (okay, kids, that was a Pete Rose joke, from back when you
> could joke about Pete Rose)

I remember when Pete Rose was best known for his habit of taking bases
face first. Mr. Hustle. Those were the days. I also remember Mr October
(Reggie Jackson). And the Mariner's lineup the first couple of years. I
had a crush on Rupert Jones... and I remember when they bought Willie
Horton for a song because he was washed up. Used him for a DH for a
couple of years.

I got tickets for free because I was on the honor roll. It was about an
hour drive. I always took my mitt even though the honor roll tickets
were in the nosebleed seats (this was in the Kingdome when it was
brand-new). My dad _might_ pop for a program and sodas if he felt flush.

I'd like to see Safeco field (haven't been yet- I'm alot farther away
now) but just once I'd like to go to a game in Yankee Stadium. Just to
say I have.

*Sigh*

'Lainie