Mostly OT Re: Mariners and Brats (was Re: [Sca-cooks] regional potluck)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Aug 14 16:02:45 PDT 2001

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

> Hmmmm, lets look at the facts why I don't know who Pete Rose is:
>
> 1. I'm 16 which means I know very little about things before 1985.

Learn. Context is important for understanding. Many important things
happened before 1985.

> 2. I don't care for much about baseball especially old time baseball. I would
> rather pay more attention to academics and figuring out formulas and stuff
> than watching a boring 4 or how many hour game of baseball.

You and quite a few other people. But then, I don't give a rat's a**
about the insides of a car, but it is a good idea for me to have a
general knowledge. And because I do, it is easier for me to talk to a
mechanic when something goes wrong.

> 3. Who cares about a disgraced baseball player?

Alot of people- from those who believe Rose's gambling exploits should
not keep him out of the Hall of Fame, to those who say you shouldn't
even say his name in the general vicinity...

> Misha
> Who is sunburnt standing outside for 5 hours learning band moves with
> instructors cramming things down his throat so don't even talk about cranky!

Don't want to hear it- I spent 9 years in band myself, including a year
at Kahuku High School in Hawaii- that year they were 8th in the nation
and I got more sunburn (being a fish-belly white freckly haole girl)
than you can peel at!

Dab some unsweetened ice tea or white vinegar on it- it will help take
the sting out. A make sure you apply and re-apply sunscreen next time!

Hey- anyone besides me had portagee sausage?

'Lainie