[Sca-cooks] New topic

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Aug 14 17:56:28 PDT 2001

I don't have exact recipes. I didn't have one back when I made 600 or
more for one of the big kingdom events. I made up standard pie dough,
cut them out with a stainless steel round to fit the mini-tartlet pan,
and filled them with a variety of fruits that were acceptable and cheap.
Including some canned fillings for what I couldn't get fresh. As for
dessert breads, I'd use a saffron or brioche dough for some breads.
There are a number of fruitcake recipes. I hesitate to list those since
fruitcake is such a joke among modern Americans.  See Cakes and
Characters
by Henisch. Fruits in season are whatever is available and appropriate.

Johnna