Mostly OT Re: Mariners and Brats (was Re: [Sca-cooks] regional potluck)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Aug 14 19:25:34 PDT 2001

"Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy" wrote:

> FWIW, my reason for mentioning him was because he also had a reputation
> as a Hot Dog, or one who would make an easy play look ten times as
> difficult as it needed to be. In addition to the various other
> nicknames, such as the generally unnecessary Mr. Hustle. Boy, did he
> hustle to recover from slipping on that banana peel that he carefully
> placed ten feet away five minutes previous, to make that otherwise
> unremarkable catch...

He's more showman than athlete- and for the same reason you could say
the same thign about many people, including Emeril...

(I never liked Pete Rose- and he took away my little brother's faith in
Baseball and Clean Living and turned him to the Dark Lords of
Schopenhauer and Heidegger and Kant...)

'Lainie