[Sca-cooks] [Fwd: Cast Iron Pots]

Mon Aug 20 08:54:45 PDT 2001

US gallons have precedence by seniority as they are based on the English
wine gallon of 231 cu. inches that was the English standard when the
colonies decided to involve themselves in a little seperatist activism.

The Imperial gallon is based on the volume of 10 pounds of pure (distilled)
water at 62 degrees F or 277.4194 cu. inches.

In any event, Imperial gallons are larger than US gallons (even US dry
gallons, which measure 268.8025 cu. inches).

Bear