[Sca-cooks] beef tongue

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Mon Aug 20 15:30:23 PDT 2001

Sieggy shared a story:
>     Many Art/Sci's ago, <>someone had entered pickled tongue in the Foods
category, and none of the judges could bring themselves to try it. <> the
Laurels sat there staring at me as I chowed down, told
> them how I thought it had been prepared, spices I could identify by taste,
etc, while they all dutifully jotted it down. I said 'hey, this really is
good stuff, you ought to give it a taste', and a couple of them kind of
<

>> be forewarned that those who feel that "Tongue? Ick!" will not be
pleased, which might or might not be a good thing depending on howyou see
it.> > /UlfR

       {I know I'll regret saying this} Haven't had a good bit of tongue in
a long time;  IIRC:  once skinned & sliced,  it's just reddish slices of
meat. set out with mustard pots, the adventurous may try a slice, those "in
the know" will help themselves liberally . . . .YUM!

    Caointiarn