[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Iron Chef Results

Wed Aug 22 14:14:27 PDT 2001

Yams often have a cream or light yellow flesh (which can be true of some
varieties of sweet potato).  The ones I've seen have a rougher and more
fiberous skin than a sweet potato, but that may not hold true for the entire
genus.

I've also come across "sweet potatoes" and "yams" side by side and them turn
out to be two different varieties of sweet potato.  I've also found them
properly marked.

Bear