[Sca-cooks] thanxs

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Thu Aug 23 07:30:29 PDT 2001

>I do have a question and an opinion about breakfast served
>at events.  In period I have been lend to believe that
>"last night's dinner would have been breakfast the next
>day"  Would that be appropriate at an event? (if it is even
>true at all)

A group in Drachenwald did that, at least once. One of their
first principality investitures was (if memory serves) modelled
after the installation of an archbishop - but the SCA group hadn't
done a major SCA event, so they did the banquet as period as possible.
And somehow overlooked the fact that the archbishop's investiture
was over three days, rather than the one evening the group had.

By the time dish #74 showed up, and it was 2:00 AM, I am given
to understand they simply stopped serving the feast, and
served it up instead the next morning as breakfast. . .

Alban