[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]New person question?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 25 22:35:41 PDT 2001

Anne asked:
> I'm new here, and I give up. I have to ask... What is SPCA? Other than
> the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which is what my
> brain reads every time I see these initials?

Soup Pot Cooks Association.

We're a small household, made originally from a number of folks from
this list several years ago who wanted to camp together at Pennsic. We
have an open camp and encourage folks to drop by, especially at
mealtimes.

And we do like animals - broiled, stewed, fried, baked etc.

I can remember such dishes as Crown roast of lamb, Mongolian Hot Pot,
Fried Chicken, roast duck, duck enchiladas, Middle Eastern meals,
Jambalya, Crawfish Etoufee, Migas and others. It's not all period food
as you can see.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net