[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Iron Chef Results

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Aug 27 08:41:49 PDT 2001

But Iron Chef contestants also work in the same
quality kitchens. Each one has the same equipment
with which to start. But given that we don't have a
studio with 1/2 dozen kitchens... or a conference
hall with 52 stoves like the Pillsbury bakeoff...
how do you equalize the chef that brings the full
allotment of equipment versus the doing it over the
campfire in cast iron style of someone else?

You could timelimit the competition but opening up
their kitchens on a staggered basis as the evening progresses.
Under a watcher or minder if need be. One starts at 6 for
dinner at 7. One starts at 6:30 for dinner at 7:30 etc.

Johnna Holloway