[Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:08:08 PDT 2001

First, a slightly belated welcome to Estrella!  It's good to have another
Spaniard on the list.  Now I don't feel so alone.:-)

Some mention has been made of my cookbook; FYI, it's a complete translation
of Ruperto de Nola's "Libro de Guisos, Manjares y Potajes, Intiulado Libro
de Cozina". The book was written for King Fernando I of Naples, while Naples
was under Catalan rule. I have translated the entire text of the 1529
Castilian edition: all the material on food service, household management,
and carving, as well as the recipes.  I am selling copies mail order as well
as through reputable booksellers (hi, Alban! hi, Devra!); contact me at
denolabooks at hotmail.com for ordering information.

There is another partial translation available on the Internet, in Stefan's
Florilegium.  This one was done by our own Lady Brighid (or is it Her
Ladyship now?)  She has translated the recipe sections, and her version is
well worth the read.  We both worked from the same edition, but as with any
translation, there are differences.

Glad to have ya!

Vicente