[Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 17:53:06 PDT 2001

On 27 Aug 2001, at 19:08, Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> There is another partial translation available on the Internet, in
> Stefan's Florilegium.

You could maybe give the URL, hmmmm?
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-
art.html

> This one was done by our own Lady Brighid (or
> is it Her Ladyship now?)

I'm not sure what the difference is between "Lady" and "Ladyship".
I think this is one of those things that doesn't exist in the East.

> She has translated the recipe sections, and
> her version is well worth the read.  We both worked from the same
> edition, but as with any translation, there are differences.

And Master Thomas Longshanks, also of this list, is working on a
translation and redaction of several period Catalan cooking texts.
It's still a few years down the road, alas, but we await it eagerly.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net