[Sca-cooks] various small notes (and shoofly pie!)

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Sun Aug 26 10:33:11 PDT 2001

     Looking at Margaret's recipe, and relating it to my Nana's shoo-fly
*cake*, the only thing that is different is that Nana's recipe has baking
soda mixed in with the boiling water to make it (the cake) rise.  Altho'
I will say any time I've had shoo-fly pie, it's always been wet-bottom;
all the molasses on the bottom, and all the crumb on the top.  That's why
I'm not as fond of the pie.

   Elizabeth