[Sca-cooks] [OOP] Mrs. Beeton's Sifted Sugar

Tue Aug 28 06:38:01 PDT 2001

The original cookbook was published in 1861.  At that time it was still
common to purchase sugar in loaf form.  "Sifted sugar" is sugar which has
been broken from the loaf, crushed, and passed through a sieve to produce an
even granularity.

Bear