OT: Titles was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 09:01:01 PDT 2001

Kiri wrote:

> But then our whole award structure is upside down...we're giving peerage
> titles for AoA's and titles used in period to address merchants or craftsmen
> to peers!  So...his point is?????

You noticed that too, eh?  That's why I tend to use the title "Dame."  Also to
remind the snootier knights that they're not "more equal" after all.  A buddy of
mine perused the list of alternate titles and thought I ought to use "depotissa"
which is the Greek analogue for Laurels and Pelicans, but I thought that sounded
too, oh, I don't know, depotistic.  At least I'm usually a benevolent despot.

[there ain't nuthin' like a] Dame Selene, Caid