[Sca-cooks] Apprenticing, again...

Tue Aug 28 10:53:11 PDT 2001

I've never been an apprentice and I am known for my cooking and my baking,
although until recently I've been better known in some other kingdoms than
in Ansteorra.  If you can do, you can get recognition, although you may need
to work a little harder in cooking than in some of the other areas.  You
also need to leave permanent reminders of your passage rather than just the
vague memory of that last feast you did.  My latest reminder was a booklet
of the recipes I adapted from the originals and prepared.

I was pleased to hear from my wife, that while she was bragging about me
this past weekend, a gentleman asked, "Bear, what has he cooked recently?"

"Last Protectorate feast."

"Oh yes, the fish, that was good!"

Awards and prizes, of which I have a few, are nice, but that's the
recognition I enjoy most.

You know the techniques, almost certainly better than I.  The historical
recipes are readily available.  This list is meant to assist with culinary
history and historical cooking, so you have a network to help you with
research and documentation.  What more do you need?  Go for it and make them
recognize your expertise.

Bear