[Sca-cooks] Apprenticing, again...

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Aug 28 11:16:41 PDT 2001

>The volunteering part follows Silverwing's Law #7:  "If you say you're it,
>and no one else says they're it, and everyone thinks you're it, then you're
>it."
>
>The recognition part follows Law #64:  "What does a peerage cost? If you are
>doing it for a peerage, then you can't afford it. If you are doing it for
>fun, then in the end the peerage is free."

Thank you for these laws, much true to them :-)

I ought to point out that I've already begun "serious" involvement in the
local group, brought some creme brulee to a meet as someone didn't know
what it was like (remember that thread y'all?).  With Finnebhir, we have
some tremendous plans for an out of this world feast at our next yearly
event :-)

I guess I was curious as to meaning and involvement of SCA apprenticeship
and didn't express myself as "good" as I could have.  That's what I get for
being a non native English speaker.  <shrug> :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout