[Sca-cooks] Apprentices eating cookies

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Wed Aug 29 06:34:04 PDT 2001

First off, I'm gonna disagree with Margaret (please Bear, don't beat me
up!).  As a sailor, there are few things more prized than the fabled 'care'
package.  I don't care how bad they are, nor how crumbled and stale they
might be, there are few better feelings than eating a cookie that someone
has taken the trouble to bake for you and then mail to you.  Its right up
there with sex.  Yes, mark it down on your calendars, Puck actually compared
something favorably with sex.  My views on this haven't changed since my
retirement.  Hell, sometimes I'll bake a batch and pop them in the mail to
myself...well, okay, not really, but you get the idea.  Actually, what I do
when feeling that nostalgic is lick a postage stamp and eat a cookie ;-)
Oh, and the Big Yellow Dog says that if I don't give out our address he will
mangled a rather favorite part of my anatomy.  Send all cookies to 46 Dudley
Ave, Newport, RI, 02840 ICO Barney the Wonderdog.  We will respond in kind.

As far as the apprentice thing, if you want recognition, become a fighter.
When you are on the throne, if you ever get that far, you'll be well
recognized.  If you're in this hobby for the cookies, see paragraph one.
Otherwise, shaddup and cook!  :-)  I apprenticed to Adamantius for several
reasons, the principle among them being; he needs the juvenile supervision;
he's really not such a bad cook, despite what y'all might think from his
posts; when I screw up the cooking I can blame it on my training
and...well...sorry Boss, but he begged me to do it.  Besides, as his
apprentice, he is kind of honour bound to talk to me and I find that kinda
kewl!  Apprenticing, at least for me, is not about merit badges.  Its about
a relationship with a friend who steers you in the right direction within
the Society despite your best efforts to the contrary.

Well, the Cute Little Red Haired Girl is doing that eyelash batting thing
again, so I'm outta here.

Oh, for those of you who think this comic book life of mine is all a ruse,
come to the John Barleycorn event week after next.  I'll be the one with the
mischevious grin on his face, running amuk with two Big Yellow Dogs whilst
the Cute Little Red Haired Girl and the Fred Flinstone looking character
gaze on with amused desperation.

regards, Puck
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind..." (some English fella)