[Sca-cooks] Dog Cookies: was_Apprentices eating cookies

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Aug 29 20:52:08 PDT 2001

My dog cookies:
usually done during the Turkey season.
for several hours ...pressure cook
   the skin, bones, grease, leftovers,
   peelings, grains and veggies.
  no sugars or chocolate items
When all is softened
   remove the strongest bones .
add old garlic .
put thru grinder &or blender [ puree].
keeping hot, pass thru colander [strainer too small]
   { hot greasy mass will pass easier}
   { this remove 'choke' factor}
put into moulds/shape. and freeze.
remove from [small] muffin tin and store in zip-locks bags

I feed my Bernesse Mountain dogs this greasy cookie as a treat straight from
the freezer, and in their pen space. [ think of the hockey puck melting in
some dark corner]. Helps the coat stay glossy from the inside out.  Nuke one
and pour over Kibble in the hot season.  The Garlic will come thru the skin
as a natural bug/flea repellent.  Ru