[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Aug 28 19:45:23 PDT 2001

At 10:19 PM 8/28/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Volker Bach wrote:
>
>>>Also, included in dressings for salads.  Part of the "proper" Caesar salad,
>>>actually.

Actually, that wasn't Volker, that was me :-)  Probably a slight mistake
from too many replying/copying stuff...

>This is new to me. The original was, I understood,  hearts of Romaine
>lettuce tossed with a coddled egg yolk, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice,
>Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, parmaggiano-reggiano
>cheese, and croutons. This is assuming you buy the Tijuana origin story of
>the Aviator's Salad a la Caesar.

Interesting story, that, isn't it? :-)

Always had heard capers in that mix, from the Tijuana story, and no
Worcestershire.  Oh humm, no big worries.  :-)  It's all good stuff in any
case :-)

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net