[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 29 05:36:39 PDT 2001

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

> Actually, that wasn't Volker, that was me :-)  Probably a slight mistake
> from too many replying/copying stuff...

Yes. I am bracketally challenged. Sorry ;  )

>> This is new to me. The original was, I understood,  hearts of Romaine
>> lettuce tossed with a coddled egg yolk, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice,
>> Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, parmaggiano-reggiano
>> cheese, and croutons. This is assuming you buy the Tijuana origin story of
>> the Aviator's Salad a la Caesar.
>

> Interesting story, that, isn't it? :-)

Yep. And unlike many such stories, this one may conceivably be true!

> Always had heard capers in that mix, from the Tijuana story, and no
> Worcestershire.  Oh humm, no big worries.  :-)  It's all good stuff in any
> case :-)

You've got that right. Hey, I may be persnickety, but I'm not stupid.
"Oh, yeah. Those capers really ruin that Caesar salad!" Bwa hahaha!

Adamantius, who likes a shot of Tobasco in the mix

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com