[Sca-cooks] Apprenticing, again...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 29 05:08:45 PDT 2001

I don't know in what part of the Known World you reside, Caitlin, so of
course, YMMV, but there are a LOT of Artemisian peers, myself included,
who achieved peerage without having been apprenticed/squired/studented
to _anyone_.  Custom aside, being an apprentice is not a required
intermediate step.  Recognition comes when it comes (or doesn't), the
important thing is to be having a good time doing what you're doing,
whether that's armored combat, or some form of service, or one of the
innumerable arts, or all of the above.
--Maire