[Sca-cooks] Responses

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 11:51:02 PDT 2001

Renaissance Girls wrote:

> <From: Susan Fox-Davis
> <Welcome Estrella! You know, we fight a war in your honor every year out here.>
>
> Yes, I did know that, but I'm ashamed to admit that I do not know the historical significance of it.  Any information would be wonderful!

Named for a previous site, Estrella Park in Arizona.  Still, it's a namesake of sorts.

> <From: kattratt
> <Just out of curiousity since I noticed that you are a cartoonist, Will
> you be traveling down to Atlanta next weekend (Labor Day) for Dragon
> Con?>
>
> Actually, I am not in the Sci Fi genre, although I do love those types of comics.  I am more an alternative cartoonist (no, nothing improper for goodness sake!).  If you'd like to take a quick look, I have a site that I just kinda threw together quickly as an on-line porfolio.  http://edavis.knownworldweb.com  I'm actually working on a SCA-related comic strip also, and as soon as I get a couple of the strips scanned, I'll send the link for those also!

Dragon*Con has become one of the major trade shows for comic books and associated publishing industry as well as one of the major science fiction conventions in the Southeast, if not the whole East Coast.  You might find it worthwhile to go sometime, what the heck, it would be tax-deductible at least.  Quite a show.

Selene, Caid