[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Aug 29 12:38:49 PDT 2001

>You've described one form of beurre noir (this one commonly used with
>fish, such as skate), but I'm guessing you had something a little more
>specific or complex in mind.

Yeah, Beurre Noir is it!  One of these idiotic things that escaped my
mind.  Thank you Adamantius.

I should point out that to make "proper" beure noir (black butter), you
should cook the butter more, until it really turns a nasty colour.  I much
prefer to actually do a beurre brun (brown butter), as it's a little less
noxious on the system.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka