[Sca-cooks] For:::Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Re: How to keep picnic foods fresh

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 29 15:35:12 PDT 2001

Well, they are in the REI summer catalogue but the local REI store
didn't carry them. Cabella's had them in their summer catalog and at
their store at Dundee Michigan. Cabelas lists them as:
COLEMAN 50 QUART EXTREME WHEELED COOLER
 ITEM: IB-51-4373 SIZE: 50QT.PRICE: $39.99.
COLEMAN XTREME COOLER ITEM: IB-51-4799 SIZE: 32 QT, 58 QT
 PRICE: $39.99 to $44.99
www.cabelas.com
I came across mine by chance
at a Sports Authority in Rockville, Maryland while looking at
tennis racquets.  The 32 qt. is relatively small in capacity
which is a drawback, but for a cooler to keep meat in or pershibles...
they are good for 2-3 people. We use another smaller cooler in the
backseat to
keep the ready supply of ice and pop in for the 657 mile days. That
gets opened and shut throughout the day and is refilled from the
other cooler each am. Igloo is now making one that is a super insulated
cooler also at about the price. I am hopeful that by next year the
technology will be available for a backseat size too. And there may
be sales as stores close out their summer stuff.
Good luck. Johnna Holloway