[Sca-cooks] Looking for...

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Aug 29 16:51:32 PDT 2001

Lady Johnnae llyn Lewis suggested a manuscript for translating:
> It's one of those associated La Varenne texts. First
> appeared in 1660, so it's late. But it's not been
> translated ever into English as far as I can determine.
> It was translated into German in 1665.
> It contains recipes for things like "limonade,"
> various "syrops," "compotes," "marchepains," etc.
> It was published in the 1983 edition of La Varenne
> that I own. Runs from 457-519 of that edition.
> Given the subject matter, I would say that the
> confectioners in the audience might like it alot.

If you do translate this, I would be interested in hosting it
in the Florilegium, with or without redactions.

You can ask Lady Brighid ni Chiarain whether she is happy with the
way I've handled her translation of Ruperto de Nola's 1529
"Libre del Coch" if you wish a referance.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net