[Sca-cooks] Greetings to the Newcomers (all of you *smile*)

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Aug 29 17:58:58 PDT 2001

Way back when the list was fairly new, when making a bad joke
people would variously hide behind or under rocks, trees and teh
like. I decided after one particularly bad session that I was
going to put a hot tub under my rock so I could watch the ensuing
jokefest going on without having to worry about getting PUNished.
Gradually, the rock ended up with a full kitchen, pantry,
library, wine cellar, hot tub, sauna and any other sybaritic
comfort anybody wanted. Then we decided the rock was out by the
back  door of the Cathedral of the Flaming Salamander [a long
inside joke started by the innocent question about exactly what a
salamander is and the mental image of a rather crispy and smoking
lizard.]

In general, the rock is on any list that I am on for any member
of the cooks list who happens to also be on the list. It makes
its appearance on all 3 garb lists  [indra, yahoo and h-costume]
the rialto, EK list, the dist2 list, field-to-feast, and
SCA-newbie.
margali
[and Ras considers all of us rock-dwellers to be heretics ;-)]
--
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: