[Sca-cooks] garam marsala

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:51:01 PDT 2001

I have absolutely no knowledge of indian cooking. That said, the other
night I watched Emeril live and he had a whole meal of indian cooking
including tandori chicken, a green bean dish and others.

In the tandori chicken it says to use garam marsala.  I went to the local
tops market which has a decent indian aisle and they had a whole bunch of
other marsalas but not garam marsala.  Does anyone know what is usually in
garam marsala?

BTW, I get the impression a marsala is a mixture of spices such a
fenugreek, chiles, cinnamon, nutmeg.  Can't remember what else.