[Sca-cooks] garam marsala

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Aug 29 19:01:16 PDT 2001

My version has:

2  parts volume Freshly Ground Clove,
8  parts volume Freshly Ground Cumin Seed,
12 parts volume Freshly Ground Green Cardamom Seeds (no Pods),
12 parts volume Freshly Ground Cinnamon Quills,
2  parts volume Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
1  part  volume Freshly Ground Ajowain (optional)

There would be other versions I'm sure.  Most indian cooks would have
their own tried and true recipe....

Drakey.

""I have absolutely no knowledge of indian cooking. That said, the
other
""night I watched Emeril live and he had a whole meal of indian
cooking
""including tandori chicken, a green bean dish and others.
""
""In the tandori chicken it says to use garam marsala.  I went to the
local
""tops market which has a decent indian aisle and they had a whole
bunch of
""other marsalas but not garam marsala.  Does anyone know what is
usually in
""garam marsala?
""
""BTW, I get the impression a marsala is a mixture of spices such a
""fenugreek, chiles, cinnamon, nutmeg.  Can't remember what else.
""
""
""Sca-cooks mailing list
""Sca-cooks at ansteorra.org