[Sca-cooks] Masque Ball

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Aug 29 21:25:15 PDT 2001

Giano said:
> A while ago a recipe for a kind of almond
> pastry-roll from Al-Baghdadi redacted by two
> individuals turned up onlist that went by the name
> of khushjknanaj (it's probably in the Florilegium,
> too). I can vouch for both the viability and
> popularity of this particular finger food.

They may not be in the Florilegium, yet. I've got some stuff from
the list still to go in that file. It would depend upon how long
ago it was discussed.

> There are recipes for peanuts marinaded in bitter
> orange juice in Platina and de Rontzier that I
> havenm't tried yet but am itching to

This sound useful for both SCA and non-SCA potlucks, although the
taste seems like it would be strange. Were peanuts grown in Europe?
I thought they were African. How sure are we of the translation?

Could someone post the translation and maybe a redaction? What
is "de Rontzier"? I don't remember this book being discussed here.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net