[Sca-cooks] Mooneschadowe Guardian German Feast

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Aug 29 22:17:35 PDT 2001

>What's a "Hobart"?

A type of commercial mixer.  Like calling a camera a "Kodak", except that
still nowadays, most commercial mixers found are hobarts...  I worked with
one that must have been older than I am, and certainly was bigger 'n
me.  Apprentice of mine made the mistake of pouring an entire sack of flour
(40#) in there in one shot, then turn the speed on high right
away!  Ha!  the mess!

>A convection oven bakes faster than a commercial oven? Why? What's the
>differance between the two? I assume this is due to a type differance
>and not just a size differance.

Well, convexion oven moves the air around, which is why it's faster.  There
are commercial ovens that also have convexion, and those will *cook*.  Some
commercial ovens are old, crappy and unmaintained, hence don't cook
well.  <shrug>

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka