[Sca-cooks] Mooneschadowe Guardian German Feast

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Aug 30 06:04:32 PDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

> >What's a "Hobart"?
>
> A type of commercial mixer.  Like calling a camera a "Kodak", except that
> still nowadays, most commercial mixers found are hobarts...  I worked with
> one that must have been older than I am, and certainly was bigger 'n
> me.  Apprentice of mine made the mistake of pouring an entire sack of flour
> (40#) in there in one shot, then turn the speed on high right
> away!  Ha!  the mess!

Hobarts and KitchenAid are made by the same company. *sigh* I wish I had
the space for a Hobart. My poor little KitchenAid (with the 5 qt. bowl, no
less) can barely handle a double recipe of icing...

If you don't get flour everywhere, the baking gods get angry and things go
badly. Same goes for fruit pies--there must be enough fruit in the pie to
boil over in the oven. ;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam