[Sca-cooks] Marmite and Tiggers (was Are these safe to use?)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 30 04:51:40 PDT 2001

Gwynydd Of Culloden wrote:
>>I LOVE Tigger!!!!!
>>Also, have you ever eaten Marmite?  I love the stuff on toast.
>>

> *shudder*  I am a devoted promite girl myself.
>
> Please reassure me that when you say you love Tigger, you don't mean that silly orange thing invented by Disney *pleading eyes*.  The real Tigger does not say "Buddy Boy".  To be fair, I have never cared for the Disney Winnie-the-Pooh, and what the heck is a gopher doing there at all?  I have never understood that.
>
> Gwynydd (wondering if she needs to run away and hide under the Rock for this thread now that Papa is back from the Wars)

I think the alleged Disney Tigger was in fact invented by A. A. Milne,
father of Christopher Robin and creator of Winnie-the-Pooh, and the
nasty old SOB who mounted one of the greatest smear campaigns in history
to destroy the career and life of P.G. Wodehouse, whom he considered
(wrongly) a Na_i sympathizer and collaborator.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com