[Sca-cooks] Marmite and Tiggers (was Are these safe to use?)

Gwynydd Of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 14:33:03 PDT 2001

> I think the alleged Disney Tigger was in fact invented by A. A. Milne,
> father of Christopher Robin and creator of Winnie-the-Pooh

There are two Tiggers, as far as I know.  The first is a rather charming, and bouncy, stuffed toy which lives in the Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh and co. and was written about by A.A. Milne.  The second, while having in common the bounce and domicile, is a bright orange creature which says "Buddy Boy" a lot and has an American accent.  The second Tigger was based, but loosely in my opinion, on the first, but they are noticeably different.  I have waged an, almost successful, private war against the Disney travesties where my daughter is concerned - although, I relented on Winnie-the-Pooh toys.

Oh, and I didn't know about the problems with Wodehouse, whose books I also enjoy greatly - oddly enough, the library in Minna, Nigeria had a copious supply of the Jeeves novels and not much else.

Gwynydd (who got a serious shock once when she went into a toy store and found a talking Winnie-the-Pooh which had an American accent and a talking Barbie doll which had an English one ... I wondered if I had entered a parallel universe at that point!)