[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]OT-The One True Tigger

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 08:49:23 PDT 2001

Master A wrote:

> I should also point out that the most recent, at least, adaptations of
> Wodehouse for television were reasonably faithful (some, anyway) and
> _extremely_ well-done. Fry and Laurie were _made_ for those roles.
> Although I think that Peter O'Toole as Lord Emsworth was a bit of a
> shock. I always saw him as more like Michael Hardwicke (as in, Jeremy
> Brett's Doctor Watson).
>
> Adamantius, who now has to go and watch the epsiodes of Jeeves & Wooster
> that were based on "Brinkley Manor"

Me too!  I was daft enough to buy them on DVD when they came available.  Great
Stuff!  Anyone who thinks that 20-somethings with too much money, behaving badly
is a phenomenon made up by Bret Easton Ellis has quite another thing coming.

Um, topic, how about the several stories about how Bertie's aunt kept
manipulating the lad by threatening to forbid him the pleasures of her table and
her fabulous personal chef?

Selene