[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]OT-The One True Tigger

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Aug 31 10:00:25 PDT 2001

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> Anyone who thinks that 20-somethings with too much money, behaving badly
> is a phenomenon made up by Bret Easton Ellis has quite another thing coming.

Oh, I say, I wouldn't say that, don't you know. I mean to say, a fellow
has one's code. We Woosters were at Agincourt.

> Um, topic, how about the several stories about how Bertie's aunt kept
> manipulating the lad by threatening to forbid him the pleasures of her table and
> her fabulous personal chef?

I was especially fond of the short story where Aunt Dahlia had bet
Anatole against Lady Jane Snettisham's kitchen maid, over the outcome of
an elderly guest's Good Conduct contest between the pestilential Bonzo
and the evil young toad, Thos. I think it's "The Love That Purifies".

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com