[Sca-cooks] New Cheese

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 08:56:31 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> This kind of cheese can also be made fairly easily. Someday I'm going
> to get around to making some.

You could do it with a quart of milk and a lemon.  Oh and some cheese cloth, why do
you think it's called that anyway?  Squeeze the lemon into the warmish milk and
leave for a while until it curdles, do it in the morning and it will be ready before
suppertime.  Pour through the cheesecloth;  I tie it into a handy little hammock and
hang it over the faucet in the kitchen sink, dripping into a nice bowl to save the
whey.  Let it drip for a few hours or overnight.  What you have left is new cheese,
voila!  I believe they use this method in India for Panir cheese.  It won't keep so
use it promptly.

OK, this is probably all in the Flori-Thingie but here you are anyway.

Selene, Caid